Home     Downloads    Your Account    Forums     Web Links     Event Calendar     Surveillance Photos     
Login or Register
Departments
· Home
· Agent ID Gallery
· Downloads
· Event Calendar
· Forums
· Members List
· Missions Declassified
· News Archive
· Organization Gallery
· Private Messages
· Statistics
· Surveillance Photos
· Web Links

Next 0 Events
Sorry, we have no current events available.

Agency Mission
Agency PBP Mission
Birthday
Board Game Night
Collectable Card Games
Convention
FunJoyment Groups
Gladiator Wars League
Holiday
Miniature Games
Role-Playing Games
Special Event

Agency World Clock
 Buenos Aires12:49 AM
 Cairo5:49 AM
 Jakarta10:49 AM
 London3:49 AM
 Los Angeles7:49 PM
 Moscow7:49 AM
 Tokyo12:49 PM
 Washington DC10:49 PM

Donations
Keep TheAgencyStar running!

TheAgencyStar: Forums

TheAgencyStar :: View topic - Winter 2014 - Role-Playing Session - GM Michael
 Forum FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in
Winter 2014 - Role-Playing Session - GM Michael

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TheAgencyStar Forum Index :: Saturday FunJoyment Groups
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trigger
Agency Admin
Agency Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:13 pm    Post subject: Winter 2014 - Role-Playing Session - GM Michael Reply with quote

I will be looking for someone to take over the story telling portion of our group's fantasy adventure. If you are interested, let me know. Thanks.

I will be running "Murder on Howlers Moor"
Crowdingfever
Novice
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HMMM... I will think about it. I have gotten good at story writing, It just depends on if I got the time for it amongst my other activitys and writing.
Trigger
Agency Admin
Agency Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is all yours Crowdingfever. I know you are playing a dwarf fighter, so you can write from either 3rd or 1st person. Thanks for helping out. Very Happy
Trigger
Agency Admin
Agency Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the question to why some powers are not listed in the book and the answer from Clint at Savage Worlds.

Trigger wrote:

Just curious as to why some powers from the SW core book are not listed under any of the example granted powers by a deity in the Fantasy Companion book, like Banish, Blind, Succor and so on.

Clint wrote:

Because those powers were added to SW Deluxe after the Fantasy Companion was written and the text wasn't updated to reflect that.

It should say something like...

Powers
Under each deity is a list of powers granted to their followers. These powers are typical for deities of that template, but the GM should add other powers fitting the specific god or goddess in the setting, using the Aspects as a guideline.
Trigger
Agency Admin
Agency Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A great start. Character creation was very well thought out and I think we have a well rounded party. Job well done.

Here is the regional map of where we will be playing in. Everyone will be coming from different parts and will be starting in the small town of Hollowbrook, just west of Lake Crimson.

Crowdingfever
Novice
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well being that I will be chronicling the adventure I got a bit excited and went ahead and give my character some background and just so all players know it will be written from his point of view!

Fantasy savage worlds dwarf journal entry: 0
I, Dlogrin Crystal Seeker, the red bearded dwarf start my adventure today. I decided to keep a journal to log my adventures. Who knows, might make a good book some day! Anyways, after so many years of working in the mines I got well a little dull. Don’t get me wrong, I like swinging a pick looking for valuable minerals, but I wanted somethin more. I wanted to seek out adventure; fight monsters see the world and all that. Like my great, great, great uncle who was said that he slayed a pack of savage dire wolves with nothing but a spoon! Not sure if that’s true though. So after I finished gatherin my supplies and my battle ax, I ventured fourth when I ran into my good human friend Allen Firestorm. Scraggly little guy when I first met him so many years ago when me and my brother were going to do some trading with a small village. A bit smoky and rough around the edges though and has his bastard sword with him all the time, but a good friend none of the less. He asked where I was headed to and I simply replied.

“Adventure my good friend! I decided to get out of mines and see the world!”
“Excelent!” Allen said with big smile. “I got kicked out of this village anyways”

I looked behind him to see that he burned down half a village accidently again with his magic. So I let him tag along with me. Together we travel to the village of Hollowbrook, I hear some intrestin stuff is happenin there.
DonkeyHote
Novice
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to make the following changes to my created character:

Fighting d8->d6
Throwing d4 -> Riding d4
Add Streetwise d4
Add stealth trapping to legerdemain.

Also if possible with my remaining starting funds I would like to as priest of the god of thieves purchase a Dark grey thieving/stealth outfit and face mask.
Trigger
Agency Admin
Agency Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the beginning start of your journal. Great work.
Crowdingfever
Novice
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here is the first official journal entry

Fantasy Savage World dwarf journal entry: 01
After a full days travel me and Allen made it to Hollow Brook where we decided to stay at the Willow Berry Inn. There we met up with some other adventurers as well.
There was Hrodgeir the Hot Headed, the Viking warrior. A relentless berserker at that I could practically smell the blood of all he had slayed on him.
Shin the Rakashan healer, I found it a bit odd that someone like her since her feline like race to be here since they prefer the outskirts.
Iso the half elf archer, he holds justice with the upmost importance.
Yolo Light Fingers the Halfling priest, he may be a priest but he is one of thieves so I plan to hold onto my bag gold a little tighter for now.
And Arborius an old half elf druid, a wanderer with a respect for nature and a noisy song bird on his shoulder.
They had all come to answer the call of Hollow Brook’s plea for help just like me and Allen. Orcs had been raiding the town relentlessly and needed some adventurers to take care of the problem. For the moment though we got ourselves a room and got a good sound sleep. Only to be rudely awoken by a scream of a woman in the inn. I immediately jumped out of bed and began to put my chain mail armor on as fast as I could, thinking that the Ocrs were attacking. Allen barged in while my armor was half way on.
“Hey you ever hear of knockin?” I shouted
“Oh sorry I’ll let you finish.” Allen sputtered.
“It’s all right; I’ll be down in a minute, save some Orcs for me.”
As soon as I got my chain mail on I picked up my ax and shield and raced down the hall almost slipping in a foul smelling puddle of water. I guess that it had rained last night and the inn had a leaky roof. I leapt out into the main room to see all the other adventurers standing around talking with a man and a young woman.
“Where are the Orcs?” I asked
Allen turned to me telling me that the village was not under attack and began to fill me in on what I missed. He said that the young woman Lenora, the daughter of the man everyone was talking to village leader Terion and the millers daughter Getna had been attacked this morning and Getna was alive but in rough shape. They had been picking berries in the early morning at Molons Grove when they heard the night howl. They then immediately grabbed what berries they had picked and started making their way back to Hollow Brook. When suddenly Lenora passed out when she was hit by something, when she awoke she saw what looked like Gentna’s dead body and a brooch. She took Getna and the brooch back to Hollow Brook. Thankfully Getna and Lenora were any a bit beat up. After I was caught up Lenora showed us the brooch, and it had the symbol of the Blood Fang Orc clan stamped on it. Terion was furious when he saw this and turned to us.
Go find those Orcs and wipe them off the face of this land.” He snarled.
I was more than happy to do this; in fact many of my great ancestors have had grand battles with Orcs. Cleaving through them and tipping them limb from limb. However with no information on the clan’s whereabouts we would have to find them. I and Allen decided to check out Molons Grove for clues, I had noticed that Hrodgeir had already left and was probably headed there to. As we walked to the grove the others seemed to have the same idea. We passed a restaurant and what looked like town hall with the words “Peace, Truth and Justice” burned over the doors. The people of Hollow Brook must have a strict justice system I figure. We made it to the grove and met up with Hrodgeir and he told us he picked up a trail that may had been the Orcs and we should follow him. As the others caught up Arborius said we should go another direction and Shin said to go in the same direction that Hordgeir told us. I went with sided with Hrodgeir as did everyone else, but Aborius was insistent on the other direction. He started to argue with his bird as if even it knew he was wrong, so we parted ways and all the while we walked I could hear Arboruis bickering with his bird.
Trigger
Agency Admin
Agency Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some picture from play.

Crowdingfever
Novice
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the latest entry, sorry if it was posted a bit late.

Savage worlds Fantasy campaign dwarf journal entry 2

As the main group and Aborius went separate ways I felt like we were being watched almost like another dwarf in the area. Suddenly we heard Aborius shout with surprise and the group turned to see another dwarf had his war hammer ready to strike at Aborius. I recognized the dwarf as Grunbar the blacksmith from Hollowbrook and convinced him to stand down. He apparently thought I was being held captive by the other fellow adventurers and since there are rarely any dwarves that come to Hollowbrook He thought he would investigate. He joined us on our adventure for now as we followed the trail through the forest that the ocrs left behind when we came to a clearing. I want really paying attention because me and Grunbar were talking but someone said that they heard crying. I looked to see that in the clearing there was a well and that the orc trail went well away from it, and from the well came the cries of what sounded like a small child.
At first I thought “this could be some trick by a monster to lure heroes in and then devour them, why else would the orcs avoided the well, It could even be a large mimic!”
I told this to shin and she seemed to agree with me and we kept walking and stayed clear of the well. The others though wend to investigate it. Iso was the first at the well and looked down it and said that a bear cub had fallen down it and its leg was broken; this only made me want to get out even faster. One of my cousins had a run in with a bear cub and got between it and its mom and it didn’t end well for my cousin. Whit the bear cub crying I knew mom could not be too far either. Again the Rakashan agreed with me and went to the edge of the clearing but the rest of the party decided to try and help the cub. I and shin then watched their rescue attempt a fair distance away. They sent Iso down the deep well to retrieve the bear cub with a line of rope and Aboruis sent his bird to check out a sound that came from where we came. No doubt the mother I’m sure. Then Aboruis using his druid powers talked to the bear cub to calm it and Grunbar threw some squirrel meat at it to see if it was hungry. The cub calmed down and then needed me to help pull Iso with the bear cub back up so I and Shin came out from the edge of the clearing and pulled up Iso and then shin healed its broken leg. The cub ran off into the woods and when we turned around we saw what looked like a butterfly, but it wasn’t a butterfly at all. It was a fairy and it had a small bow that was drawn with a poison tipped arrow and it was aiming at us.
Trigger
Agency Admin
Agency Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crowdingfever
Novice
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantasy Savage World dwarf journal entry: 3
The fairy that appeared asked about our purpose in here grove, and only our leader could say and was looking at Aborius. Aborius explained that we were looking for some orks that had attacked the village of Hollowbrook. The fairy said that she had seen these orks in her grove and that she also wanted to get rid of the orks. She said that she would let us leave the grove only if we got rid of the orks how ever if we succeeded we would be rewarded. As she said this more fairies appeared in the trees, bows out and ready if we tried anything. The party agreed since we seemed to have nothing to lose. The fairy mentioned that the orks were in a very smelly place and kept it that information in mind. We then continued onward following the trail the orks left and soon made it to another clearing in the forest. It had a stench like no other as we moved into it. The trail ended here though with trampled areas around great big oak trees. We thought at first that maybe they were hiding in the trees and tried to lure them out. This went with unfruitful results, when we gave up I spied something in a tree that looked like a hand. I went over to Allen and told him this to follow me to the tree. I then pointed out the hand to him and when he spotted it He yelled this to everyone else. The hand then moved and fell out of the tree, now thinking that something was in it I asked someone to climb the tree and investigate. Gunbar volunteered himself and shimmied up the tree. He then proceeded to toss down a corpse that was heavily decomposed. This may had been the source of the smell. Giving up on linking in the trees we thought to look under them thinking that maybe one of them was hollow and had a passage to an underground cavern possibly. Aborius selected a few trees with many ork tracks around it and manipulated the earth to see if this theory was true. Allas it wasn’t, Allen thought maybe magic was involved and tried casting a spell to detect magic. Something must have distracted him as he failed to cast the spell. We gave up for the day and made camp now that the horrid smell was gone. Then later that night during the second night watch, Allen woke me thinking we could be attacked soon. I grabbed my ax and ran out of the tent to smell a very sweet scent. It was almost like my grandmas sweet rolls. Famous in my village and just thinking about them makes my mouth water. Iso yelled at everyone else to get up and Aboruis tried to awake our Viking, companion only to get punched in the face. The smell though dissipated after a while with no attack following and we went back to bed. When we awoke and had a hardy breakfast we then packed up our gear. Allen tried to cast the same spell from yesterday to see if there was any magic in the area and succeeded this time. One of the trees then revealed a hole that led somewhere. Me being a dwarf and loving caves and caverns went in first. However the pack mule that belonged to Yolo could not come with. So Gunbar said he would take it back to Hollowbrook. The rest of the party walked through the cavern that turned into a passage way and after walking or about a half hour a faint green glow soon appeared in at the end of the passage.
Trigger
Agency Admin
Agency Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crowdingfever
Novice
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantasy Savage World dwarf journal entry: 4
We made our way closer to the strange glow we ended up in a large cavern with the lots of stalactites. We saw the glow was coming from the fungus of some sort that lit the whole cavern up that grew on the walls and the ceiling. The most distinctive part of the cavern though was the large stalactite formation that looked like a chandelier with the glowing fungus glowing on it. I could care less though, for my family has seen many odd and grand rock formations in caves, so this one was nothing special really. On the other side of the cavern from us were two paths we could take. Every one walked into the cavern, Hrodgeir had decided to take a large chunk of the glowing fungus off a wall but before he could pull it off, Allan then warned Hrodgeir then warned the fairy said about not touching the shiny. I must have missed that part but she must have meant the fungus. Hrodgier didn't care though and pulled a chunk off anyways. The piece of fungus soon dimmed and no longer glowed so Hrodgier threw it aside. Allen the investigated the chandelier like formation hanging from the ceiling. He spotted a shadow moving in it above Shin and tried calling it out and warn Shin. Whatever it was I couldn't see it, and neither could anyone else. Suddenly a stalactite fell on Shin nearly impaling her and then it stood up. More stalactites began to fall on our comrades mostly everyone was able to soak the damage though. The stalactite that fell on me missed luckily and like the first stalactites they to stood up. I immediately swung my ax obliterating the stalactite creature before it could make another attack. Everyone else soon also engaged themselves in combat with the creatures.. Their tough hides though made them difficult to kill. Arboruis then yelled that these creature were made form sorcerer, this gave Allan an idea.
Trigger
Agency Admin
Agency Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crowdingfever
Novice
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantasy Savage World dwarf journal entry: 05
Allen called out to the creatures, ordering them to stop attacking. He thought that maybe because the creatures that weren’t attacking him for some reason and that they may have thought of him as their master so they might listen to him. This didn’t work though and he proceeded to attack them with his broad sword. The creatures were soon taken care of but Arborius was hurt so we took some time to patch him up. We then checked out the two passages that led out of the cavern. Most of the group went with me and Allen to the right while Iso and Hrodgeir went left. Our passage lead to a dead end with a formation that looked a lot like a snakes head. Iso yelled to us that his passage split off in two directions. My group decided to investigate the dead end a bit when we spotted something shiny. Since I had been mining for a very long time I knew that it was gold right away. I grabbed my pick that I borrowed from Arborius when he came up with a better idea how to get it out. Using his druid powers, he manipulated the earth so that the vein of gold plopped down easily on the floor of the cavern. I picked it up and using my dwarven knowledge I estimated it to be 300 pieces worth. It would need to be purified first though so I placed it in my bag and went to see what Iso and Hrodgier were up to. Hrodgeir was standing guard watching Isos back and he noticed my bag was a lot heavier looking. He demanded what was in it and I simply replied that it was nothing. I feared that his greed for the gold we found and being a bloodthirsty barbarian his knowledge of the gold could put the party in danger. I planned to give him a fair share with the others but feared his greed would get the best of him. I did have a great, great, great uncle that had a problem with gold fever, and it eventually got him banished because of it. Allen then blurted out that we had found a large chunk of gold and Hrodgeirs eyes seemed to ignite with anger and slowly reached for his ax. Quickly I told him that I had planned to give him a fare share after we finished our quest giving him my dwarven word upon it. Everyone else rallied behind me in support. Hrodgeir either was able to hold his temper or realized he was out numbered and moved his hand away from his ax and we moved on. For now on though I planned to keep a close eye on him. We then went to were Iso was where there were three small deep pools of water. Allen was curious about the pools and reached down into one of them. He then grabbed something and pulled it up out of the pool. In his hand he held a severed head that seemed to surprise every one. To make things even more surprising the head spoke telling us to leave. The other two pools then began to boil as something began to be rising up from them.
Trigger
Agency Admin
Agency Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crowdingfever
Novice
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantasy Savage Worlds Dwarf journal entry: 06
Staring at the severed head Allen asked why we should leave. It spoke in fragment sentences of a warning and asked for his brothers. Arboruis reached into the other two pools and he to pull out severed heads from each one. They were the first heads brothers and now the warning made sense for each one connected all the words up. They said that they were from a nearby village and were captured or something were tortured and now stayed here in the cave to warn others to try and save them from the same fate. Allen figured they were under a curse and tried to break it but failed then along with Arboruis placed the heads into the pools. The group moved on and we made it to another split in the path. Both seemed to go in quite a ways. Arboruis got a grand idea to then shape shift him and his bird into bats then fly down the two paths. After doing this they then returned and Arborius informed the group that the path he went down didn’t have much of anything really but a big hole. He then talked to his bird and told us that it saw a fire and human like creatures. Without hesitation the group decided to go to where the fire and humanoids were at. Soon though the ground was littered with bones of all sizes and the air filled with the scent of meat cooking over a fire. Hrodgier feeling hungry threw caution to the wind and walked with haste towards the smell. Everyone else tried to keep up with him as quietly as possible. The fire came into view and the ones who made it as well. It was the orks and we had finally found them sitting around the fire roasting what looked like very human like meat. This made Hrodgier seem not so hungry anymore. The orks seemed to my amazement at least did not notice us so with the advantage of surprise on our side the group charged into combat with the orks. Now I could finally live as some of my warrior ancestors did many times before.
Crowdingfever
Novice
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantasy Savage Worlds Dwarf journal entry: 07

The battle with the orks did not last long, but it was grand as I cleaved through a couple of them. However our victory was bitter sweet for the Viking berserker Hrodgeir had fallen in battle. So we then preformed a traditional Viking burial to the best of our capabilities and resources. I dragged his body over to the orks campfire and Aborius manipulated the flames to cover his body. We all watched in silence as the flames consume him and his belongings. The only thing we kept was his flask to be used for an alcoholic beverage as a keep sake that Aborius would hold on to. I admit that even if Hrodgeir a bit of a jerk like my cousin Philip, he was a great warrior never the less.
Crowdingfever
Novice
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantasy Savage Worlds Dwarf journal entry: 08
Once Hrodgeir’s body had burned away every one searched the orks bodies for anything useful then we moved on venturing deeper into the cave. We arrived at a large chasm with a rushing river at the bottom. The only way to cross was an old rope bridge and a smashed door on the other side. Aborius told his bird to scout ahead, after a couple of seconds he seemed to be in pain and his bird flew back. Aboruis explained that something attacked his bird and that he was able to take hits for it if he needed to, which is why he was now hurt. At that moment though Allen saw something like the glint of steel on the other side of the chasm, his curiosity got the best of him and he began to cross the bridge. This worried me and I quickly got some rope and tied it around myself so I would be ready to cross if Allen made it. I was the heaviest in the party so I if I made it across then so could everyone else, if I couldn’t the rope would save me. When I began crossing I was a bit surprised to find it was quiet stable when I crossed. When I was on the other side I tied the rope on the other side and waited for everyone else to cross. Once every one made it we continued onwards. The next room in the cave was very interesting for it was shaped like a dagger and some oddly colored stalactites. Suddenly a spirit came out from a wall to our right and then took shape of Hrodgeir! This took everyone by surprise and then he spoke.
“Your fault… Valhalla… Denied…”
He then transformed into a shade! I had not seen anything so frightening since I saw my grandfathers infected big toe cause by and ingrown nail! I admit I went and hid in a corner as the battle with our former comrade ensued. Nothing could seem to hurt Shade Hrodgeir until Allen Enchanted his sword, and with a great swing, he slayed Shade Hrodgier.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TheAgencyStar Forum Index :: Saturday FunJoyment Groups All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: